Commercial +Architecture+Master Planning
With $500 in 1908, Henry Bascom Everett opened one of Conroe’s first mercantile stores, Everett Cash Grocery. Selling fresh food, dry goods, livestock feed, and hardware, Everett’s store became established by their sense of pride and integrity. After the Great Fire of 1911, the building was rebuilt into The Randolph Building, then the Everetts purchased the building in 1915. Over the years, the store has had different names: Everett Cash Grocery, Everett & Son, Everett & Sons Hardware, and Everett’s TruValue Hardware but remained a staple of commerce in the Conroe community as it was passed down through the family. Everett Hardware closed in 1998 after 89 years in business.
Honoring our history, this new Downtown Conroe establishment will be named “The Everett” combining historic architecture with a modern flare. Located on the corner of Simonton and N Pacific, the now empty lot will soon offer over 25,000 square feet of retail storefronts. With a brick façade and an inviting walkway, this is soon to be a go-to spot for dining, shopping, and activities.